Reviewing process is a collaborative process that allows manuscripts submitted to a journal to be evaluated and commented upon by independent experts within the same field of research. The evaluation and critique generated from peer review provides authors with feedback to improve their work and, critically, allows the editor to assess the paper’s suitability for publication in the journal.
The assistant editors check formal and professional standards and pass the paper to a co-editor in the relevant research field.
All submitted papers are peer reviewed in order to select the articles meeting the high standards of the Journal «HUMANITARIUM» are reviewed.
Manuscripts received by the editors, are previously peered by the members of the Editorial Board with respect to the correspondence of the material to the outlined requirements. In the case of a positive previous evaluation the manuscript is sent for review to one or two reviewers who are experts in the relevant field.
The Journal practices a review procedure "single - blind peer review": the reviewers have information concerning the manuscript authors but the authors are not informed about the reviewers of the works.
The manuscript can be rejected without review by the editors in case:
- the article does not correspond to the scientific direction of the journal;
- the formatting of the article does not meet the
- the manuscript does not correspond to the ethical obligations adopted for the scientific publications.
After reviewing the editorial board on the basis of the recommendation of the reviewer (reviewers) makes a decision:
- to accept for publication in the form submitted by the authors;
- to publish after an insignificant correction;
- to send the manuscript to the authors for processing (significant corrections and adjustments are necessary, after which the publication becomes possible);
- to reject the manuscript, but specify to the authors that after substantial processing the manuscript can be submitted again to the editorial office;
- to reject the manuscript without the possibility of processing it (as a rule, if there are no signs of the relevance of the topic of work for the development of the correspondent branch of science, in cases of conceptual scientific errors, the complete absence of elements of scientific novelty and practical significance, in case of revealing plagiarism).
Open peer review
The peer reviews all the material it receives within two or three weeks of submission. Accepted articles are published on site of journal as they become ready.
The journal «Economics. Ecology. Socium» provides open access to peer reviewed research as part of its commitment to readers and authors. We make all our research articles freely available online and send them directly to
If your manuscript is rejected, and if you believe a pertinent point was overlooked or misunderstood by the reviewers, you may appeal the editorial decision by contacting the editor.
If you appeal to the editor and are not satisfied with the editor's response, the next step in the editorial appeal procedure is to contact the Chief Editorial board.